>> Tuesday, March 13, 2012
And my life has turned into a Juggling act.
Last week’s post detailed my pursuit of a platform. It’s a lot of work and could easily overwhelm. Many of my writer friends (especially the moms who home school their kids and write in between) deal with these issues.
My already Jam-packed existence led me to take a cue from my Job. I’m an executive secretary for the Warden of a prison and our office is the hub of the institution. The unexpected (which happens routinely) can Jump off at any moment, causing me to stop, drop, and roll on a regular basis. My plates can only continue to spin with the use of super-structure techniques.
So when the writing-pursuit-of-greatness ramped up, it seemed only natural to apply the same principals.
Today, I hopped out of bed with my brain already in the spin cycle…so much to do…
- Morning tasks, drink coffee, computer stuff.
- Jumped into some platform-building (unexpected but fruitful.)
- Needed to stop and eat—noted messy kitchen--deal with that later.
- Exercise. Oh good grief! Why do I have to waste time on THAT?
- Writing muse threw a tantrum. Stopped to calm him down.
- Jotted a few lines on a pressing project—got hung up on FaceBook, Words with Friends, and Twitter. (Note to self: shut off email and internet.)
- Prayer and devotions: Why is THIS so far down on the list?
- Tapped out a grocery list as I buzzed around the house. (Thank goodness for my IPhone.)
- Patted each kitty and the dog as I passed by. Don’t ya just love the unconditional love of a pet?
- Still need to exercise. *sigh*
- Housework and laundry and shopping…oh my!
And this is just on Saturday. Throw a 40 hour work week in the mix…
I dream of the day I can sit on a beach, laptop in place. (Retirement: five years from June, but who’s counting?)
In the meanwhile, anyone know where I can get one of those cute little clown outfits?