Y-Oh-Y-Oh-Y

>> Monday, November 7, 2011

Thought I'd do my "Y" post for A2Z4U&Me while I had a sec.

In case you're wondering "Y", here is the answer: because I don't want you all asking "Y...Y...Y...hasn't she posted lately?"
Because...

I was on vacation. Had a wonderful time in beautiful North Carolina, spreading a little TLC on my BFF who is recovering from surgery. She is doing well. We shared a few giggles in between recovery time, numerous naps, and daily walks. We always have fun and even though she wasn't totally up to par, I'm so glad I got to see her.

On the way home from the hospital

Credit: S. Harracharan
Also: I'm doing NaNo
For more on that, click here
Progress update: today is day 7. I have 15,641 words done. Need to average 1667 per day in order to finish by the end of the month and right now, I'm averaging 2234. I like to get a cushion going at the beginning because as time goes on, it's easy to stall out. It's going well and I'm pleased with my progress. My current goal with "Photo Finish" is to complete the story (finally!) and ship it off to my editor by the first of the year.

And of course, there's always work, life, responsibilities, etc. *blah*

So there's my explanations (excuses.) Your patience is greatly appreciated!
I may be a little BEHIND,
but just BEAR with me.
Eventually, November will END.

Thanks--You're the best!

9 comments:

Nicole Mandeville November 8, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Keep up the good work and don't forget to give ma a shout out when your are interviewed on the Today Show for your 1st best seller. :)

Rita Garcia November 8, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Time with a BFF is always wonderful.
Cheering you on with your novel. November will end and you will have finished your novel! Great things ahead!

Diana Lesire Brandmeyer November 8, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Cute! Love the bear. THis is my first year of not doing NANO in like since it started. If feels so odd.
Diana
www.pencildancer.com

Patty Wysong November 8, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Kim, you're doing FANTASTIC on NaNo!! Way to go!! =] =]

Laury November 8, 2011 at 3:26 PM

That's awesome you got to be with your friend. Mari got to be with me once to help me recuperate:) Was awesome. You're doing a great job on Nano. Keep it up!!! Wooo Kim!!!

Sparrow November 9, 2011 at 3:40 AM

Wow, great that you've been able to keep up with NaNo even when taking care of your friend. Sounds like your time with her was great.

Niki Turner November 9, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Keep moving! I'm so far behind...

Anonymous,  November 13, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I must say I have found everything I have read this morning very enjoyable!! I think in all the years that we have know each other, I kinda knew there was a writer in you. Your work is awesome. Great reads! Lori